Saturday, September 13, 2008

Leaving....


We have been doing this a lot lately. Leaving. We went to Florida and spent some time with family and some dear friends. It was great making a few rounds in Jacksonville before heading south to Orlando where we spent a few days with Jimmy and Tobitha and the kids. We had a great time visiting and going to Sea World. Then we left.

Greg and I then flew to Portland from Jacksonville while the kids stayed with Grammy and Grandad (which included marvelously fun stuff such as the library, zoo, beach, hiking, swimming and hanging out by the river). In Portland Greg and I got our temporary housing arrangements in order and did some house hunting and some relaxing/exploring. Then we left. We flew back to Jax, picked up the kids, got in the van and left again.

We got back to Matthews on the 10th. We took the next couple of days to tie up loose ends, pack our van with everything we want to live with for the next 6+ months, and say some final 'goodbyes'. And then on September 12th,.....we left.

So these past few weeks have been great in that we are seeing people we want to see, but sad because they have been all about leaving. That has been the theme of our lives. Kinda depressing, I know. I'm not trying to be a downer, but there is a grieving going on here that I want to give some words to, some space in time.

We are now in Knoxville, TN. visiting Kay and Mark and the kids. Mom and Dad are here too. Kay and Mark have a great house! From here we will go Rockford, Il. (my birthplace) and see Bruce, Kim, Karman (hopefully) and their fams. We still have some 'goodbyes' to do (though none are final) and we still have a bit of 'leaving' ahead.

So the stage is set (it's a little somber and a bit dark) but the story is about to change. The plot will thicken and some of the questions will be answered. We will learn more about the character of the characters involved. It's sort of a 'It's Friday, but Sunday's a comin' kind of thing.


From Painting Pictures of Egypt (Sarah Groves):
I've been painting pictures of Egypt
Leaving out what it lacks
The future looks so hard,
And I want to go back.
But the places that used to fit me,
Cannot hold the things I've learned
Those roads were closed off to me....
When my back was turned.

LYMYWY (love you, miss you, want you),
Kara

1 comment:

  1. (a gentle, contemplative sigh- and a smile at the song :)
    I'm whispering a prayer for you to the Father of mercies and God of all comfort-
    much love,
    -t-

    ReplyDelete